Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service pertains to hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a server administered by a website hosting provider. There are various varieties of hosting services used for different goals, so let's explore them. Doing so, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to create a website, e-mail addresses, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service distributed by particular companies, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting plans are frequently supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally improper interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the load between individual stacks of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share an immense quantity of pictures with chums or associates since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your email accounts. Some corporations provide webspace hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to launch an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to keep as many video files as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to run a site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the regular email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.